HEALTH BENEFITS OF WHOLE GRAINS
Whole grains have been a part of the human diet While a high intake of refined grains is linked to health problems like obesity and inflammation, whole grains are a different story. Whole grains are associated with various health benefits such as a lower risk of diabetes, heart disease, and high blood pressure.
The Healthy Facts about Whole Grains
- A Valuable Fiber Source
- Energy and Satiation between Meals
- They help digestion.
- They can help lower cholesterol.
- They lower blood pressure.
- They can help control weight.
- They redistribute fat.
- They make you feel full.
- They help regulate blood sugar.
- Some grains deliver calcium.
- Some grains offer vitamin C.
- They are a good source of B vitamins.
- They may reduce asthma risk.
- They may even lower cancer risk.
- They may protect your teeth and gums.
- They may help you live longer.
- They cut markers of inflammation.
- They contain resistant starch.