TYPES OF SURROGACY
What are the different types of surrogacy?
- Gestational surrogate
- Altruistic surrogacy
- Traditional surrogacy
How long does surrogacy process take?
Surrogacy process commonly takes one year.
- It involves – locate a qualified surrogate.
- Treatment of surrogate
- Process of pregnancy.
Provided your surrogate becomes pregnant after the first embryo transfer.
What is a gestational surrogate?
Surrogate mother who carry another woman’s egg is known as a gestational surrogate or carrier. This is the most common form of surrogacy.
What is altruistic surrogacy?
When a woman agrees to be a surrogate without being compensated, this is known as altruistic surrogacy.
What is traditional surrogacy?
Traditional surrogacy –
- The surrogate’s own egg is fertilized via artificial insemination
- The surrogate is both the carrier and the biological mother.
- There is a much greater legal risk involved for intended parents in traditional surrogacy cases.
- Not done now a days.
How the surrogate screening is done?
Surrogate screening process consists of:
- In-depth consultations with potential surrogate candidates
- Background & insurance reviews
- Medical & mental health evaluations