- Maintain Body weight – a healthy weight.
- Prevent heart disease, high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes.
- Strengthen muscles and bones.
- Improve your mood.
- Improve your balance and coordination.
- It Improves Heart Health
- Prevents from Cancer
- Lower Blood Pressure
What is the right way for Walking as an exercise?
- While walking keep head up.
- Look forward.
- Body and mind relaxed.
- Swinging arms freely with a slight bend in your elbows.
- Stomach muscles – slightly tightened.
- Back – Keep the back straight.
- Walk relaxed.
- Roll your foot from heel to toe.
- Wear shoes with proper arch support.
- Thick flexible soles to cushion your feet and absorb shock.
- Comfortable clothes.
How to warm up before exercise?
- Walk slowly – 5 to 10 minutes to warm up your muscles and prepare your body for exercise.
- After you finish exercise – walk slowly for 5 to 10 minutes to help your muscles cool down.
What should be the duration of time of walking?
You should plan to walk for at least 30 minutes a day.
One should plan for at least 150 minutes of moderate aerobic activity or 75 minutes of vigorous aerobic activity, or an equivalent combination of moderate and vigorous aerobic activity in a week. Everyday walking for 30 minutes at least 5 days in a week will help to achieve the goal.
What is the role of muscle training exercise?
One should aim for muscle training exercises of all major muscle groups at least two times a week.